Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Thankfulness

There have been several 'reasons' lately that I have been extremely thankful to God. Allow me to list them:

1. The birth of Susan Ann Catherine Torres. In my opinion, this was and is a miracle. Please keep this beautiful gift of life in your prayers.
2. Steven Vincent. Even though he was murdered by ruthless thugs, his stories brought the Iraqis fight for freedom alive. For his bravery and heart, I am thankful. I highly recommend his book, "In the Red Zone".
3. The United States Armed Services. For their part in keeping this wonderful country safe and freeing others from harm. We are very blessed for these men and women.
4. Our Founding Fathers. If you do your history, you'll find these men passionately loved this country and what it could become through hope and faith.
5. Our Pastors and Sunday School Teachers. To me, these people are the frontline in building our faith and opening our eyes to God's Word.
6. The Crew of the Space Shuttle Discovery. I am extremely thankful that these folks are alive and well. On this recent mission, they persevered through difficult and potentially dangerous challenges. A job well done.
7. First and foremost, I am thankful for my wonderful family who have encouraged me to pursue my dream of becoming a minister. I love you all very, very much!

Our almighty God is great! Let's give Him thanks and praise...

No comments: