Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Third Day - The Band

Note: This is the first of two, maybe three, posts on Third Day. Today is the band, tomorrow is a review of Wherever You Are, then on Friday I'll write about their mission opportunities.

Before going any further, please read Tai Anderson's recent experience at the U2 concert here in Atlanta. I've met Tai, Mark, Mac, Brad, and David at two local shows AND hereabouts in the Atlanta area. It's amazing who you run in to at a grocery store. : ) Needless to say to Third Day fans who already know this, but, these guys are wonderful examples of living through Christ.

Tai's post revealed the heart of a devoted fan, famous band member, and devoted follower of Christ. (Can I call Third Day famous?) His actions were justified and his heart was filled with the love for his wife, friends, and Jesus.

If you ever get the chance to watch Tai on stage, he makes playing the Bass guitar look like lots of fun. Every time I saw him play, he was bouncing around the stage with a smile on his face.

One last thing about Tai - he helped convert me from a Microsoft Windows guy to an Apple Mac one. Believe me, less troubles with a Mac than a PC.

Next, I'm going to write quick snippets on Mac, Mark, and Brad. I'll save David for last.

Brad is the most intense guitar player I've ever seen. Watching Brad on stage is AMAZING! He definitely feels the music and it envelops him. Every time he sways with the guitar riffs, you want to sway with him. Catch him smiling when he's, "in the groove".

Can anyone on this planet even come close to replicating Mac's voice? I didn't think so either. Whether he's speaking or singing, his voice resonates a meaningful tone. He's thoughtful and caring. I snapped a picture of him and my son at the All Access concert in Atlanta. Andrew won't part with it for nothing. Thank you, Mac.

Okay, as Brad is intense and brings the music to a high, Mark Lee makes the music come alive with vibrant chords and riffs. He bounces around the stage as well as Tai. Is it fair to say that Mark 'marries' the sounds together? I'll let you be the judge of that. Mark also reads and writes a good deal as seen on Third Day's blog. I check it out a couple times a week. Great stuff!

Last, but certainly not least in my book, is David. I've met him 'in the public square' and I'll say this: He is very humble and willing to speak. As with the other band members, David loves doing things for his family, which marks very high in my book. David, as with Brad, is intense behind the drums. He 'feels' the music wonderfully and balances the guitars with various beats.

If I had to say there was a leader on Third Day, I would definitely say it is Jesus Christ. For only Jesus could give these men the inspirational talent, perseverance, and love to produce fruitful albums, tour, and meet fans such as me and my family.

No comments: