From the NY Times...House Shelves Alaska Drilling in Budget Fight
This has been a tough couple of weeks on we Republicans. Let's review a series of foolish mistakes made by our wonderful politicians:
1. Tom DeLay is indicted on campaign finance charges. As much as I like DeLay, you should never, ever jeopardize yourself no matter your profession. Integrity, always.
2. I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby is indicted for leaking CIA information.
3. Both parties are to blame for outrageous government spending. Duh!
4. The American public is tiring of the war in Iraq.
5. President Bush's approval rating is sinking.
6. Harriet Miers. Need I say any more?
Pro-life Democrats, here is your charge: Start campaigning NOW! This is your time. Oh, and stay out of trouble...
P.S. If you're wondering if I'll vote for a pro-life Dem, you can bet your salary I will. The Republicans, as a whole, can't seem to get their act together regarding their morals, spending, and issues of importance. Now, does this mean there aren't any good Republicans left? No, it does not. They at least have a better stance on morals than many of their liberal-Democrat counterparts.