Monday, November 07, 2005

Elmo Knows Your Name...


In news of the weird, one of the hottest new toys to hit the market is the, "Elmo-Knows-Your-Name" doll. Apparently, the doll can be hooked up to your PC and, through software, programmed to know your child's name.

So, I gave it a try on Sunday at the Super Walmart. I programmed the Elmo to say, "Jesse Jackson", and, lo and behold, Elmo said his name.

"I love you, Jesse Jackson.", Elmo blurted.

Of course the downside, to this goofiness, was explaining to my two boys 'who' Jesse Jackson is. Ah, parenthood.

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Frankly, I don't want Elmo to know my name. There's a horror movie in there somewhere, and it's best left alone.

(sinister voice)Elmo love Jeffy, Elmo wanna plaaaayyyyyy.....

Mark said...

It's him asking you to tickle him that scares me...

At least he'll enjoy it.

Unknown said...

I'm just glad you didn't pull a Bart Simpson and program in a name like Hugh Jass or Ima Pigg.