Thursday, October 06, 2005

Jack Carter Eyes Senate Race

From the AJC.com...Carter's son, Jack, eyes Senate run

I wasn't a big fan of Jimmy Carter when he was President. I can clearly remember my parents were as mad as hornets at how bad the country was being run. The two things I remember most were the long gas lines and the hostage standoff.

Yet, Carter had a few good highlights, i.e. the peace accord between Israel and Egypt. Carter was excellent in the role of peace maker, especially with foreign relations.

Yet, arguably, Carter did his best work outside the presidency. Habitat for Humanity is an outstanding organization. They have recently teamed up with Major League Baseball to help the victims of Katrina and Rita.

Now Carter's son, Jack, is contemplating the U.S. Senate seat in Nevada. He's not pleased with the Bush administration and wants to do something about it.

I may not support all of Jack's political ideologies, but I agree with his intentions. If you want change, then you need to do something about it instead of complaining.

No comments: