Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Diabetes and the Desk Job

Okay I don't know about you, but my 'd' and me have a rough time with having a desk job. Of course I've held a desk job for over 14 years, so this is nothing new. Personally, I am struggling with the lack of activity. Or maybe it's just me in my 'old' age...

My blood sugars do okay, but not as good as if I were physically active. I do try to get up, stretch, and walk around, but we all know how well that works.

Any ideas? I also wonder about those of you who have diabetes and a physical job. How well does a physical job work for you? What troubles do you encounter and how do you handle them?

2 comments:

Tim said...

I sit at a desk all day, and I find I need about twice as much insulin than if I was really active. Aside from that, it's not really much of a problem.

Unknown said...

Man, it's tough! I had to build in some lunchtime basketball, but think most places wouldn't allow that much flexibility with lunch times. It's really a tough problem! And with a busy family, it's really hard to keep moving in the evenings.