Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Atlanta Drivers



Yes...I am one of them.

But what I'm seeing every morning, and evening, is disturbing. Today I counted at least seven horn-honkings and two road rage incidents. All of this took place between Fulton and Gwinnett counties.

I have only been honked at once this week for driving the posted speed limit in a flashing school zone. The driver was a middle-aged woman, in her mini-van, with children.

Go figure.

(I think my son captures my mood perfectly.)

4 comments:

misawa said...

I've received the finger and bright light treatment for actually stopping at a stop sign.

Whaddayagonnado?

Diva B said...

I can sympathize. I live out in the boonies of NC and we STILL have aggressive, road rage drivers! I released my anger about a recurring incident on my blog today -- but the bottom line is that the law enforcement will not do anything (even for reporting a known repeat offender) unless they "catch him". Good luck when the guy goes 100 mph on the back country roads. Thanks for sharing your story!

misawa said...

One other thing I'd like to add...

I've shared with you before that if I ever needed to draw my gun for any reason (outside the home) it would be b/c of a road rage incident. And so far the only time I've come closest to having to do that has been in that case.

I think John Eldredge nailed this in Wild at Heart - I know he was speaking more about men in there, but I think for this case the same can hold true for women.

Jeff said...

Yeah, sorry about that. If I'd only know it was you ...