Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Sorry I haven't posted in a while...

Here's the latest health update:
My new OmniPod is working great. I've had a few very minor speed bumps, but otherwise the pump works wonderfully. A big "thank you" goes to the OmniPod support team at Insulet. They are always kind and patient dealing with my troubles.

I haven't been able to cycle much, due to family activities, e.g. constructing a landscape area for a fire pit complete with pavers. Am I nuts? Yes, but that's beside the point. I have two boys who need to experience the goodness, and safety, that comes with a fire. We purchased a fire pit, at Lowes, and have had a blast making smores. No, I don't eat them, but watching my family have fun is good enough for me.

I am still losing weight, but gaining muscle mass as I do different exercises. I stationary bike 3 times a week [40+ minutes], but run or play with our boys the other 4. I put on a pair of 38 size jeans yesterday and they fell down around my ankles. I've had to tighten my belt another notch to prevent "wardrobe malfunctions". Co-workers want to know my secret. It's called, "sweat". I tell my wife and boys that if you don't sweat, during a workout (other than swimming), then you're not working out hard enough. Thank you, Jack Lalanne!

My oldest son and my wife are now exercising daily and eating differently. My son is taking it so seriously, that he is sad when he forgets to exercise. He doesn't realize that swimming, for 4 hours, is a great workout. I can't wait to see our "new" family in the coming months.

Big kudos to the new Wii game, Active Personal Trainer. My family loves it! I highly recommend this product. In my opinion, it is much better than Wii Fit.

Final words:
Diabetes is a give-and-take disease that must be watched with careful diligence and determination. I personally admire diabetics that want to live longer, healthier lives. Many of these people I've encountered on dLife.com and here around Atlanta. We have our good days, and not so good, but overall this disease won't conquer us. We must never give up hope that one day there will be a cure. We must never give up.

Have a great day!

Mark

No comments: