Monday, February 16, 2009

Change in Direction

Yes, I've been away for a little while.
My life has changed for the better...At least, I believe so.

This blog will change to more diabetes and faith related articles. I am researching an insulin pump called, "OmniPod", by Insulet. Due to a job change, and more travel, I need to better manage my diabetes.

After not seeing an endocrinologist for some 5+ years, I am now seeing one. My recent A1c number was 7, which hasn't fluctuated in 3 years. Yet, it needs to be better. I have hope that an insulin pump, with all the new technology, can help me achieve better blood sugar results.

In addition, I am joining a diabetes support group. I used to be against such groups, since they mostly consisted of naysayers. However, my goal is to be a light and to listen and to learn. I've had this disease for over 32 years and, frankly, want to live a long, fruitful life.

Please write me with any pump suggestions or candid diabetes opinion. I am also following Team Type 1 on their ride in California. Good stuff!

May God bless you,
Mark

No comments: