Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Exercise - Day 2

My blood sugar went all out of whack since eating dinner last night. Even though I took way too much Novolog, for a small plate of spaghetti, my sugars last night and this morning were high. Gave a correction and biked 10 miles today. Let's just say my bum is numb. :-)

After the ride, I ate breakfast and took my shot. Been at work now for almost 6 hours and my blood sugars still haven't gone above 100. Yeah!

Proving more difficult than I had expected, is the change in diet. First, less caffeine and more water. Second, no chips or cookies or cake or... You get the picture. Third, more natural foods, i.e. green and colored veggies. Fourth, I have no idea, but I'm sure there is one.

Any suggestions on food is much appreciated, especially with the routine I'm on. I am trying to stay away from starchy foods, i.e. fries or pastas. That will likely change over time.

One last note... Johnson Ferry Baptist Church, in Marietta, GA, is having a Diabetes Support Group meeting on Sunday, February 22nd from 4 pm to 5 pm and another one on Monday, February 23rd, from 7 pm - 8 pm. Both in Loft D. Anyone associated with diabetes is welcome.

'Til tomorrow,

Mark

No comments: